Making a keymap and generating a hex file:
Use these configuration files below with the QMK firmware maker at http://kbfirmware.com/
For a brief overview of how to use the QMK firmware maker, watch this video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Zl4NZ3Pdc
If you have never used QMK before, you should read the tutorial for QMK here: https://docs.qmk.fm/keymap.html
It will explain to you what keycodes, macros, and layers are and how to use them.
Layout 1: AMJ40 Layout 1 config
Layout 2: AMJ40 Layout 2 config
Layout 3: AMJ40 Layout 3 config
Layout 5: AMJ40 Layout 5 config
Layout 6: AMJ40 Layout 6 config
Load the configuration file according to the layout you are using onto the site when prompted and then edit the keymap to whatever you would like under the “Keymap” tab.
Do not edit any other settings such as the “Wiring” or “Pins” unless you know what you are doing.
Then click the “Compile” tab and click “Download .hex” to generate a hex file for your AMJ40.
Flashing the .hex file onto your AMJ40:
Download the AMJ40 flashing tool: Here
- Once you are ready to flash your hex file onto the AMJ40, unzip the “amj40 flash tool” zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that your AMJ40 keyboard is plugged into your computer via USB cable. Then in the folder you unzipped, go to the “tool” folder and open the program “zadig_2.1.2” and click “Install Driver”
- Then, in the “windows” folder one level above the “tool” folder, double-click “setup.bat”
- When prompted with “Please enter a number:” type 6 for “Amj40_v1.0.1” and press enter.
- When prompted with “Do you want to reselect?” Type “n” on your keyboard to select no.
- When prompted with “Select a firmware for your keyboard” Type 1 and press enter.
- When prompted with “Select bootloader of your keyboard:” Type 1 and press enter.
It will say “Your config has been saved.”
- Now, with your AMJ40 keyboard plugged into your computer, drag the hex file you built earlier on top of the reflash.bat file. A command prompt will open up.
- When prompted with “Do you want to continue?” type “y” for yes and it will display “Waiting for Bootloader…”
- Press the “Reset” button underneath your AMJ40 or the soft reset button if you have it built into your current keymap and the hex file will automatically begin flashing onto the board. When it displays “Success!” the flashing process has completed.
Congrats, you have flashed the AMJ40.
For a video walkthrough of these procedures, you can watch: Video Walkthrough